I hope the beginning of 2018 has treated you well! I was blessed to be able to attend the Children’s Pastors Conference in Orlando around mid January, and it was truly a wonderful way to start the New Year. I was able to grow and learn about myself, my faith, & ideas for our church/ministry. I wanted to say Thank You to my church family for the opportunity to continue my education while exploring my faith! I am so excited to share what I learned from CPC and to see what changes may come from it!
Speaking of changes, the DFUMC Children’s Ministry has had some major name changes this month! We believe that this will give the students a greater feeling of belonging & get them excited about the different programs we offer. (We presented to them early in January, & we’ve had parents tell us that their kids are excited to be a part of D1Kids! Makes your heart smile, doesn’t it?!) Below is the list of new D1Kids program names (don’t worry the old name is beside it so you know what it is…). Be sure to pick up a D1Kids Brochure in the Narthex to see the full explanations of all the programs we offer for the kiddos/families of DFUMC!
- DFUMC Children’s Ministry is now D1Kids!
- Wee Worship is now D1KidsClub – nursery/children’s church for preschoolers during 10:30 service
- Kids JAM is now D1KidsConnect – children’s church for Elementary ages during the 10:30 service
- God Squad & Minor Miracles are now the D1KidsChoir – meets on Wednesdays at 5:30
- Wednesday Night Life (WNL) is now D1KidsCrew – a Wed. night Bible study/activity at 6:00pm for preschool & elementary ages
D1Kids February Opportunities
There are so many exciting things happening throughout the month…We hope you can join us!
- Join us every Sunday starting at 9:30am for Sunday School, KidsClub, & KidsConnect as we dive into the Bible with our Deep Blue Friends & discover Bible Verses for some of the toughest situations we face in our lives!
- What to be a part of something incredible?! Join the D1KidsChoir on Wednesdays at 5:30 as they begin preparations for Easter & a Spring Musical!
- Discover What the Bible Says about our Words, Siblings, & Parents each Wednesday night (6-7pm) at D1KidsCrew
- Except on Ash Wednesday, 2/14, à instead you are invited to join us for a service in the sanctuary @ 6pm
- Interested in learning to praise God through movement?! Join the WOW Team each Friday @ 3:45 as we discover different ways of worship!
- Calling All Leaders (past, present, & future)!! You are invited to a luncheon on Feb. 18 @ noon! This is a time for fellowship, review, and to say Thank You for all you do!!
D1Kids Nursery News
Our Nursery has grown tremendously in 2017! We are so blessed to have so many kiddos and families as a part of our ministry; however, because of our limited space, we have had some safety issues that we need your help in correcting. Below are 4 rules that will be enforced in our Nursery this year. These rules are here to help us maintain a safe and clean childcare area for our kiddos and their families. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Kayla.
- One Parent/Guardian at Drop Off/Pick Up – We have very limited space in and surrounding the In order to keep this area uncongested, we ask that you only send one person (must be 18 or older) to drop off/pick up your little one (also, make sure the nursery staff knows who will pick up your child – they are not allowed to let kids go with adults they don’t know).
- Do Not Leave Children Unattended in the Nursery
- Only Nursery Staff & Scheduled Volunteers are Allowed in the Nursery – This again has to do with space and safety. There is a window in the door where you can look into the nursery to see the babies… please do not open the door unless you are scheduled to serve in there.
- No Public Bathroom – Yes, there is a bathroom in the nursery; No, it’s not for the entire congregation (Sorry). This bathroom is reserved for Nursery Staff and Potty Training Toddlers. There are many other bathrooms in this church that are open to the congregation. Again, this rule is here for the safety of the kids in the
These will be posted outside the Nursery by the first of the year and be looking for a bulletin insert/ announcement sometime in January.
Thank You for helping us make DFUMC a place where families can feel safe & comfortable!